Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Abner Malaty



On March 27, 2023, this message has been posted on Instagram :

"Hello Abner Malaty fans. It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I announce the passing of this brilliant man. This photo was one I found in his gallery. Aside from music, he loved nature. Love, his daughter, Cori"

I still can't believe it.

Back in the days, Abner Malaty was one of my favourite artists and one of my best friends through the mail.

In 1991, I released a long piece on a cassette compilation, that is still one of my favorites of his.

After a long pause, he reappeared and offered in 2020 on Nostalgie de la Boue his first album in 25 years, in collaboration with Chet Green, February.

The following year finally came a new solo album, Smoke, Dust and the Corrosion of Oblivion.

A few other labels (Tribe Tapes, Ultra Gash Records) have released more Abner Malaty music since then.

Beyond the sadness, his music lives on.

3 comments:

Vaykorus said...

THANKS!!

Loud said...

Heeey! Great blog, I've added you to my blog list! I hope you could do the same!
https://realscreamers.blogspot.com/
Cheers!

j de helles said...

C'est par cette annonce de son décé que je découvre ce musicien; quelle découverte!c'est du meilleur; merci.