Friday, September 2, 2022

Tibetan Red - Fouta Djalon



Audiofiles
Label : Nostalgie De La Boue [ndlb#173], Ivory Coast, 2022


Salvador Francesch, the man behind Tibetan Red, passed away in March of this year. I don't know the cause, but what I do know is that he had lost his wife several months earlier and was inconsolable ; his last album "Transition" was dedicated to her.
It's a terrible loss. Those of you who are familiar with Nostalgie de la Boue net-label may have understood that Tibetan Red is one of my favorite musical artists. Like many other people, I discovered him on the first compilation LP released in Canada by Freedom in a Vacuum in 1987 and with his fantastic debut cassette released by the same label. Extremely discreet and underrated, he produced 8 albums between 1985 and 2021. The most recent ones were very little distributed : released by Salvador himself, he was not trying to sell them.
The best I can do to celebrate his memory and his work is to share some of the albums that were not yet available on Nostalgie de la Boue net-label (he had authorized me to re-release any of his albums).
I start with Fouta Djalon (2006). On June 4th 2013, Salvador wrote me about it : "The CD Fouta Djalon is particularly interesting to me as it was a sort of exorcism after I contracted malaria in Guinea/Konakri and passed away twice in the hospital I was two months in coma, and took me two years to recover. That was also the time I visited Ivory Coast."


Tracklist :

1. Fouta Djalon (Study On Synchronicity) (14:11)
2. Fire Pilgrimage (19:21)
3. Fields Of Activity (16:32)
4. Stone Koan (15:13)


No comments: