Friday, June 28, 2019

Mystified - Savage Classic Drones



Audiofiles
Label : Nostalgie De La Boue [ndlb#131], Ivory Coast, 2019


" At one point in my career as mystified, my mentor Christopher McDill suggested I obtain and use "real" acoustic instruments. I agreed to try, and over the next few years I purchased and recorded various trombones, a didgeridoo, a selection of flutes and other instruments.
Acoustic drones quickly became a mainstay for mystified. Many became quite successful, such as the "Bone Drone" series on Webbed Hand Records. It became kind of a running joke that I could make cool drones out of anything.
All of that was years ago. A few weeks ago I was listening to some old drones from my archival hard drive, expecting to be underwhelmed. Rather, I was very pleased. A lot of the material held up better than I expected.
That being said, I present to you, "Savage Classic Drones". I am not going to identify the tracks, or provide any more information. Suffice it to say, here are 2 mixes of tracks, from mystified's signature acoustic drone phase. "
Thomas Jackson Park


Tracklist :

1. Savage Classic Drones Part 1 (23:57)
2. Savage Classic Drones Part 2 (27:52)


No comments: